The ADI Wheel Technician plays a key role in the order fulfillment process of the Accessories Distributorship (ADI), and accomplishes organizational goals by accurately and quickly picking wheels, tires, and hardware to fill orders, assembling wheel and tire sets, invoicing and labeling products, staging sold products for delivery, restocking incoming products within proper locations, and reporting discrepancies to management. Working in a world class distribution company, the primary focus of this role is to maintain and promote the quality and productivity of the Accessory wheel assembly processes of the ADI and associated manufacturers.
- -Responsible for prompt, accurate, and quality assembly of Accessory wheel package orders as communicated by ADI sales staff and/or the LPO process.
- -Assist with staging, loading, and unloading of ADI delivery trucks.
- -Promptly and accurately count, verify, and put away Accessory products, as required by ADI receiving process
- -Effectively use available technology to assure department productivity and accuracy
- -Properly use, maintain, and care for wheel mounting equipment, following manufacturer guidelines for both proper use and safety.
- -Follow processes to ensure that all wheel components are correct for the vehicle application
- -Keep warehouse aisles clean, and report all safety issues to Management.
On-Going Proficiency Training
- -Improve efficiency with Hunter tire mounting equipment & balancer, ATEQ scanner software, and other equipment, through use, available training, and communication available from provider
- -Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in formal training sessions, on–the–job coaching, attending workshops, on-line webinars, and reading manufacturer’s bulletins and industry publications to enhance skills and stay current with rapidly changing technology
- -Responsible for ADI compliance with all federal, state and local regulations an consumer protection laws that affect the ADI warehouse role and transportation of goods within the ADI service area
- -Ensure compliance with manufacturer expectations with regard to conflict resolution, training, performance, and other requirements
- -Maintains a clean and safe warehouse work environment that complies with State, local, and OSHA requirements
- -Understand and monitor adherence to manufacturer’s warranty and policy procedures
- -Support and adhere to all standards and operational policies of the manufacturer and the ADI
- -Demonstrate flexibility and agility as demands change and require realignment of strategy and focus
- -Demonstrate ongoing openness to receive developmental feedback while maintaining a positive mindset
- -Maintain a positive culture within the ADI that promotes employee productivity, innovation, and longevity, and enhances trust and respect of our customers
- -Regularly and consistently meet or exceed goals and objectives related to work completion, timeliness, accuracy, and cost efficiency
- -Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings
- -Consistently stays busy by seeking out new tasks and challenges within the department.
- -Carefully manages equipment use and maintenance to assure longevity and reliability with minimal cost to the ADI
- -Communicate inventory inaccuracy to proper management to handle corrections
- -Assure proper handling of order processing paperwork as required
- -Properly use scanners and/or additional technology to assure order fulfillment accuracy
- -Periodically review, analyze, and understand department processes, and openly share ideas for improvement
- -Follow all company policies with regard to company provided equipment, expense and mileage records, timekeeping and time off, and safety procedures
Intra- and Interpersonal
- -Good comprehension of automotive dealership processes, roles, functions, and trends
- -Understanding of inventory control management in an automated environment
- -Effectively uses required tools, equipment, and processes to produce large quantities of high-quality product
- -Familiarity with and being able to use different outlets of communication including, but not limited to phone calls, emails, text messages, etc.
- -Prior experience with Hunter tire mounting equipment and Roadforce Balance equipment preferred
- -Experience in an automotive dealership preferred, but not required
- -Basic automotive repair knowledge, including wheel mounting and balancing procedures
- -Good command of basic math skills
- -Strong “customer serving” mindset
- -Initiative-driven self-starter who can balance multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- -Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- -Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- -Strong listening, interpreting, written and verbal communication skills
- -High school diploma or GED
- -Valid Driver’s License and acceptable MVR
- -Good driving record
- -Awards or citations for excellent job performance
Job Readiness Training
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to:
On-The-Job Training – delivered under the guidance of the Operations Manager, and other leaders in the organization, learn current organizational processes, policies, and expectations for your role.
The most important objective of the role is to help the department exceed product delivery goals related to volume and quality. Each Wheel Technician should strive to lead his or her peers with regard to assembly volume (sets per day), and quality (minimal warranty claims).
- Regular performance evaluations will be performed in order to track progress to achieving outcomes and to provide constructive feedback.
- Regular operations meetings are conducted to provide information and opportunity for the exchange of ideas and to provide feedback to other ADI departments and to ADI Management
- KPI’s Include
- -Regularly meet deadlines, assembling wheel packages accurately to a maximum number of customers without overtime or other inflated costs.
- -Regularly meet or exceed averages for wheel assembly volume, quality, and accuracy.
- -High level of performance as measured by General Motors shared warranty data
- -Timeliness and accuracy of relevant order processing paperwork
- -Help maintain a high level of inventory accuracy
- -Timely and accurate completion of assigned projects and tasks.
Professional Business Attire
The information contained in this Role Description is designed to include a comprehensive presentation of accountabilities, responsibilities, and activities that are deemed to be critical to the successful performance of this role. This listing is not necessarily all inclusive and is subject to change at any time and with or without notice, based on the current or changing needs of the business.
Affirmative Action Plan /Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions within the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, or any of its affiliates, does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation national origin, marital status, age, disability genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Lou Fusz Automotive Network will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you have a question or concern about any type of discrimination in the workplace, you are encouraged to bring the issue to the attention of Human Resources. At The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, be assured that you can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Further anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The information contained in this Role Description is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Employment at The Lou Fusz Automotive Network is based on mutual consent and is “at- will” which means that you are free to resign at any time with or without cause or advance notice. Likewise, The Lou Fusz Automotive Network reserves the same rights and may terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or advance notice provided that any applicable State or Federal law is not violated.