VIP Logistics Manager
The VIP Logistics Manager is the primary driver for the delivery performance of the Vehicle Prep Service (VPS) Logistics Service that accomplishes organizational goals by transporting, supervising and maintaining accountability of VIP delivery drivers, tracking and reducing logistical expenses and exploring opportunities to improve department efficiency.
- – Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising VIP delivery drivers and certain logistical warehouse staff
- – Ensure effective use of time, materials, and assets are deployed by VIP drivers.
- – Effectively schedule VIP Drivers to transport vehicles to and from Network/Customer logistic sites.
- – Prioritize and communicate regular updates to drivers and logistics staff regarding safety issues, process changes, and other relevant information
- – Ensure customer expectations are met and take effective and immediate action to resolve any logistical issues that occur
- – Effectively use Recon Velocity to track and maintain department productivity and create and implement improvements
- – Effectively use Recon Velocity software to route, deploy, and track vehicles accurately, and in the most cost-effective manner
- – Ensure that all VIP drivers adhere to state DOT guidelines and procedures
On-Going Proficiency Training
- – Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in formal training sessions, on–the–job coaching, attending workshops, on-line webinars, and reading manufacturer’s bulletins and industry publications to enhance skills and stay current with rapidly changing technology
- – Support and adhere to all standards and operational policies of VIP Distributing Co.
- – Demonstrate flexibility and agility as demands change and require realignment of strategy and focus
- – Demonstrate ongoing openness to receive developmental feedback while maintaining a positive mindset
- – Maintain a positive culture within VIP Distributing Co. that promotes employee productivity, innovation, and longevity, and enhances trust and respect of our customers
- – Regularly and consistently meet or exceed goals and objectives related to delivery timeliness, accuracy, and cost efficiency
- – Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings
- – Consistently analyze, review, and improve logistics processes to keep up with changing market conditions
- – Communicate goals and objectives to logistics teams, explain action plans and processes, and assign individual tasks and goals
- – Regularly monitor, train, and coach VIP drivers to improve customer satisfaction and efficiency
- – Perform regular written and verbal performance evaluations for all VIP drivers and logistics staff
- – Periodically review, analyze, and modify department processes as required, to assure continued improvement in performance, productivity, and customer satisfaction
- – Resolve disputes and customer issues quickly and efficiently
- – Ensure understanding and enforce adherence to company policies with regard to company provided vehicles, expense and mileage records, timekeeping and time off, and safety procedures
Warehouse Operations – Communicates with appropriate Accessory Managers, General Manager, Operations Manager if information is needed to respond to customer questions or concerns.
Accounting Department – Communicates processes for expense reimbursement, fuel card use, maintenance costs, etc.
Human Resources Department – Communicates with HR Manager with all aspects of hiring, on-boarding, disciplinary action, performance evaluation, pay increases, and termination of employees within the logistics department.
Sales Department – Proactively works with dealership sales managers to resolve any transport delays, obstacles, and dealership processes that may potentially result in customer dissatisfaction.
Intra- and Interpersonal
- – Good comprehension of automotive dealership processes, roles, functions, and trends
- – Maintains expert knowledge of state and local DOT regulations, laws, and requirements regarding the transportation of goods throughout the ADI service area
- – Understanding of inventory control management in an automated environment
- – Understands principles of marketing, business management, sales, and leadership
- – Ability to collect, read, and understand raw data and transpose to create useful trend reports
- – Familiarity with financial processes and terminology, as well as general car business acronyms
- – Familiarity with and being able to use different outlets of communication including but not limited to phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. – level of communication skills should be superior with typing, writing, and speaking being fluent and professional
- – Demonstrated track record of success for at least two (2) years in a shipping or logistics management, or business operations role
- – Experience in an automotive dealership preferred, but not required
- – Disciplined daily record keeping and reporting expertise
- – Ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve ever changing goals
- – Technology savvy
- – Capability to work with multiple software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Teams, GoTo Meeting, Gmail, Google Drive, Excel, Microsoft Office etc.
- – Good command of basic math skills
- – Strong “customer serving” mindset
- – Initiative-driven self-starter who can balance multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- – Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- – Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- – Professional, polite and persuasive phone, e-mail, writing and interpersonal communication skills
- – Strong listening, interpreting, written and verbal communication skills
- – Ability to manage and diffuse difficult or emotional customer situations, speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- – Strong leadership and management skills
- – Ability to identify market trends as they develop and formulate action plans to take advantage of or avoid obstacles
- – Professional appearance and work ethic
- – High school diploma or GED
- – Valid Driver’s License and acceptable MVR
- – Good driving record
- – Professional business management training and certification
- – Awards or citations for excellent job performance
Job Readiness Training
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to:
Coordinated travel with peers within the Automotive Network – gain insight from other markets and learn best practices and habits from some of the best performing Operations Managers in the network.
On-The-Job Training – delivered under the guidance of the General Manager, Operations Manager, and other leaders in the organization, learn current organizational processes, policies, and expectations for your role.
The most important objective of this role is the supervision and motivation of VIP Shuttle Drivers, delivery drivers, and logistical staff, working with Network Sales Managers and other VIP managers to create cohesive processes, and maintain an excellent business relationship.
Regular performance evaluations will be performed in order to track progress to achieving outcomes and to provide constructive feedback.
Regular operations meetings are conducted to provide information and opportunity for the exchange of ideas and to provide feedback to other VIP departments and to VIP Management.
- – Drivers regularly meet deadlines, delivering orders accurately to a maximum number of customers without overtime or other inflated costs
- – High level of customer satisfaction
- – Timeliness and accuracy of relevant paperwork and reports
- – Maintain compliance with regard to timely employee evaluations, vehicle fleet maintenance, and completion of assigned projects.
Professional Business Attire
The information contained in this Role Description is designed to include a comprehensive presentation of accountabilities, responsibilities, and activities that are deemed to be critical to the successful performance of this role. This listing is not necessarily all inclusive and is subject to change at any time and with or without notice, based on the current or changing needs of the business.
Affirmative Action Plan /Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions within the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, or any of its affiliates, does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation national origin, marital status, age, disability genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Lou Fusz Automotive Network will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you have a question or concern about any type of discrimination in the workplace, you are encouraged to bring the issue to the attention of Human Resources. At The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, be assured that you can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Further anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The information contained in this Role Description is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Employment at The Lou Fusz Automotive Network is based on mutual consent and is “at- will” which means that you are free to resign at any time with or without cause or advance notice. Likewise, The Lou Fusz Automotive Network reserves the same rights and may terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or advance notice provided that any applicable State or Federal law is not violated.