The Receptionist is a key process owner and contributor to the overall success of the dealership and is responsible for being the first point of contact for our company. Accurately and efficiently handling telephone calls and greeting customers is a key focus of this role
Reporting to the Office/Accounting Manager, the Receptionist utilizes seasoned organizational and communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to handle incoming telephone calls while performing a wide range of administrative and office support duties.
By providing exceptional customer service on the telephone the Receptionist makes an important contribution to the overall productivity, profitability, and customer satisfaction within the dealership.
- -Greet and address all customers and co-workers warmly, and with respect
- -Report and/or correct any threats to customer or employee safety, immediately
- -Answering the phone; greeting and providing a warm transfer for all incoming phone calls
- -Directs visitors to the appropriate person and office
- -Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via telephone and email
- -Complete additional work duties as required
On-Going Proficiency Training
- – Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in formal training sessions, on–the–job coaching, attending workshops, and on-line webinars to stay current with rapidly changing technology
- -Maintain a clean and safe work environment that complies with State, local, and OSHA requirements
- -Quickly and completely follow through with all tasks
- -Resolve disputes and issues completely and efficiently
- -Participate in all required departmental meetings
- -Maintains up-to-date knowledge and demonstrates understanding and compliance with all LFAN policies and procedures related to assigned job duties
- -Support and adhere to all company standards and operational policies
- -Maintain a high level of performance and customer satisfaction ratings
- -Demonstrate flexibility and agility as demands change and require realignment of strategy and focus
- -Demonstrate ongoing openness to receive developmental feedback while maintaining a positive mindset
- -Maintain a positive culture that promotes employee productivity, innovation, and longevity, and enhances the trust and respect of our customers
- -Consistently stays busy by seeking out new tasks and challenges within the department.
- -Effectively clock in and out each day, including lunch breaks
- -May receive, sort and distribute mail/deliveries
- -May perform clerical matching functions as part of the bank reconciliation activities
- -Performs other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, scanning, mailing, transcribing and faxing
- -Other projects as assigned
Intra- and Interpersonal
- -Comprehension of company processes, roles, functions, and trends
- -Basic written, verbal, and math skills, as required to perform tasks associated with this role
- -Familiarity with and being able to use different modes of communication including but not limited to phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. – level of communication skills should be superior with typing, writing, and speaking being fluent and professional
- -Experience in an automotive dealership preferred, but not required
- -Demonstrated track record of stability and success in an office, receptionist or customer service role in a team focused, interdependent environment required
- -Strong “customer serving” mindset
- -Initiative-driven self-starter who can balance multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- -Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- -Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- -Technology proficiency with multi-line telephone systems, email, and MS Office
- -Disciplined daily recordkeeping and reporting expertise
- -Ability to read and interpret written instructions and information, procedure manuals and statutory compliance regulations, and accurately complete required forms and other relevant documentation
- -Intermediate level proficiency of typing, filing, use of computer, calculator and other general office equipment
- -Ability to maintain productivity and accuracy while working in close proximity with other people and balance with interruptions from customer, phone and noise distractions
- -Professional, polite and persuasive phone, e-mail, and interpersonal communication skills
- -Strong listening, interpreting, written and verbal communication skills
- -Ability to manage and diffuse difficult or emotional customer situations, speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- -Professional appearance and work ethic
Preferred education and / or certifications for the role includes, but may not be limited to, the following:
- -High school diploma or GED
- -Minimum 2 years in an office or customer service role
Job Readiness Training
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to:
LFAN Core Hospitality – a crucial foundation to the more technical and role specific orientation and training.
Internal Software Programs and Tools – includes structured training webinars and schedules, programs facilitated by the Office/Accounting Manager as the employee progresses
On-The-Job Training – delivered under the guidance of the ADI General Manager, Comptroller, and other leaders in the organization, learn current organizational processes, policies, and expectations for your role.
The most important objective of the role is to increase service through initiating a relationship that will translate into customer satisfaction and brand loyalty. The Receptionist must excel in a team environment and be willing to see the overall picture.
Each Receptionist should strive to lead his or her peers with regard to
Regular performance evaluations will be performed in order to track progress to achieving outcomes and to provide constructive feedback.
- -Timeliness and accuracy answered and transferred telephone calls
- -Timeliness and accuracy with all assigned projects and tasks.
- -Effectively resolves issues without incurring unnecessary costs.
Professional Business Attire
The information contained in this Role Description is designed to include a comprehensive presentation of accountabilities, responsibilities, and activities that are deemed to be critical to the successful performance of this role. This listing is not necessarily all inclusive and is subject to change at any time and with or without notice, based on the current or changing needs of the business.
Affirmative Action Plan /Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions within the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, or any of its affiliates, does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation national origin, marital status, age, disability genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Lou Fusz Automotive Network will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you have a question or concern about any type of discrimination in the workplace, you are encouraged to bring the issue to the attention of Human Resources. At The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, be assured that you can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Further anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The information contained in this Role Description is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Employment at The Lou Fusz Automotive Network is based on mutual consent and is “at- will” which means that you are free to resign at any time with or without cause or advance notice. Likewise, The Lou Fusz Automotive Network reserves the same rights and may terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or advance notice provided that any applicable State or Federal law is not violated.