The main role of the Parts Manager is to oversee the entire parts department. This involves managing employees, checking inventory, and ordering new parts when necessary. You will also directly handle customer service when an issue needs extra support.
- -Greet and address all customers and co-workers warmly, and with respect
- -Report and/or correct any threats to customer or employee safety, immediately
- -Hire and train new parts department employees
- -Manage your team and set employee schedules
- -Oversee the shipment of replacement parts
- -Take regular inventory and place orders when necessary
- -Handle complex or pressing customer issues
- -Work with Depot Manager to maintain and grow wholesale parts sales
- -Keep inventory clean and maintain 5% or less in obsolescent inventory
- -Assists all customers (retail, wholesale, and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, accurate and efficient manner
- -Assist in pulling and filling orders from stock when possible
- -Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified
- -Complete additional work duties as required
On-Going Proficiency Training
- -Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in formal training sessions, on–the–job coaching, attending workshops, online webinars, and reading manufacturer’s bulletins and industry publications to enhance skills and stay current with rapidly changing technology
- -Take NCM or other suggested training seminars
- -Maintain a clean and safe work environment that complies with State, local, and OSHA requirements
- -Quickly and completely follow through with all tasks
- -Resolve disputes and issues completely and efficiently
- -Participate in all required departmental meetings
- -Support and adhere to all company standards and operational policies
- -Maintain a high level of performance
- -Demonstrate flexibility and agility as demands change and require realignment of strategy and focus
- -Demonstrate ongoing openness to receive developmental feedback while maintaining a positive mindset
- -Maintain a positive culture that promotes employee productivity, innovation, and longevity, and enhances the trust and respect of our customers
- -Consistently stays busy by seeking out new tasks and challenges within the department.
- -Effectively clock in and out each day, including lunch breaks
- -Follow all company policies with regard to company records including expense and mileage records, timekeeping and time off, receipts, and other company documentation
Intra- and Interpersonal
- -Comprehension of company processes, roles, functions, and trends
- -Basic written, verbal, and math skills, as required to perform tasks associated with this role
- -Familiarity with and ability to use different modes of communication including but not limited to phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. – level of communication skills should be superior with typing, writing, and speaking being fluent and professional
- -Experience in an automotive dealership required
- -Strong “customer serving” mindset
- -Initiative-driven self-starter who can balance multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- -Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- -Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
Preferred education and / or certifications for the role includes, but may not be limited to, the following:
- -High school diploma or GED certificate
- -Computer proficiency
- -Awards or citations for excellent job performance
- -Automotive experience
- -Management or leadership experience
- -Strong communication and customer service skills
Job Readiness Training
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to:
Lou Fusz Core Hospitality – a crucial foundation to the more technical and role specific orientation and
On-The-Job Training – delivered under the guidance of the General Manager, Parts Operations Manager, and other leaders in the organization, learn current organizational processes, policies, and expectations for your role.
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to: The most important objective of the Porter role is to support the dealership sales and service processes to maintain vehicle readiness and ensure a positive customer experience.
Each (role) should strive to lead his or her peers with regard to:
- -Regular performance evaluations will be performed in order to track progress to achieving outcomes and to provide constructive feedback.
- KPI’s Include
- -Timely and accurate completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- -Effectively resolves issues without incurring unnecessary costs.
Professional Business Attire
The information contained in this Role Description is designed to include a comprehensive presentation of accountabilities, responsibilities, and activities that are deemed to be critical to the successful performance of this role. This listing is not necessarily all inclusive and is subject to change at any time and with or without notice, based on the current or changing needs of the business.
Affirmative Action Plan /Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions within the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, or any of its affiliates, does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation national origin, marital status, age, disability genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Lou Fusz Automotive Network will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you have a question or concern about any type of discrimination in the workplace, you are encouraged to bring the issue to the attention of Human Resources. At The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, be assured that you can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Further anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The information contained in this Role Description is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Employment at The Lou Fusz Automotive Network is based on mutual consent and is “at- will” which means that you are free to resign at any time with or without cause or advance notice. Likewise, The Lou Fusz Automotive Network reserves the same rights and may terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or advance notice provided that any applicable State or Federal law is not violated.