The parts counterperson plays an important role in the day-to-day business of the parts department. Insuring customers, technicians, and collision centers receive the correct parts to repair down vehicles. The parts counterperson needs to have great communication skills along with the ability to muti-task. Parts counterpersons will process orders at high volume in an accurate and timely manner. Parts counterpersons also help maintain and replenish need inventory to the proper level. As a counterperson your duties will include but not be limited to filling online and over the phone collision orders, working with service staff and technicians to price and provide parts needed to repair vehicles in the shop, receive and stock parts when needed, maintain special order bins, place daily orders, locate parts needed to repair a vehicle when they are not in the dealerships inventory, notify customers of possible back ordered parts or special-order issues, and help ensure stocking levels remain at the proper level to fulfill orders of fast-moving and/or commonly ordered parts.
- -Greet and address all customers and co-workers warmly, and with respect
- -Report and/or correct any threats to customer or employee safety, immediately
- -Complete additional work duties as required
- -Answers phone calls within 3-4 rings, providing price quotes and other information.
- -Assists all customers (retail, wholesale, and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, accurate and efficient manner.
- -Ensures all customer orders are accurately checked by VIN, customers are given accurate ETA, and VIN is displayed on invoice.
- -Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- -Provides a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- -Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- -Participates with the parts manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- -Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need Immediate attention.
- -Reorders fast moving aftermarket stock (Filters, Batteries, Tires, Etc.) for replenishment.
- -Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- -Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- -Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- -Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice (When applicable).
- -Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- -Verifies will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to vendors, or stock house.
- -Assist in putting away stock orders when possible
- -Assist in pulling and filling orders from stock when possible
- -Other duties as assigned.
On-Going Proficiency Training
- -Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in formal training sessions, on–the–job coaching, attending workshops, on-line webinars, and reading manufacturer’s bulletins and industry publications to enhance skills and stay current with rapidly changing technology
- -Keep current on new products and product updates.
- -Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- -Maintain a clean and safe warehouse work environment that complies with State, Local, and OSHA requirements
- -Maintain Manufacturer training certification as required.
- -Keep front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- -Cleans computer terminals and printers daily.
- -Quickly and completely follow through with all tasks
- -Resolve disputes and issues completely and efficiently
- -Participate in all required departmental meetings
- -Support and adhere to all company standards and operational policies
- -Maintain a high level of performance
- -Demonstrate flexibility and agility as demands change and require realignment of strategy and focus
- -Demonstrate ongoing openness to receive developmental feedback while maintaining a positive mindset
- -Maintain a positive culture that promotes employee productivity, innovation, and longevity, and enhances trust and respect of our customers
- -Consistently stays busy by seeking out new tasks and challenges within the department.
- -Effectively clock in and out each day, including lunch breaks
- -No personal cell phone use unless authorized by management.
- -Follow all company policies with regard to company records including expense and mileage records, timekeeping and time off, receipts, and other company documentation
Intra- and Interpersonal
- -Comprehension of company processes, roles, functions, and trends
- -Basic written, verbal, and math skills, as required to perform tasks associated with this role
- -Familiarity with and being able to use different modes of communication including but not limited to phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. – level of communication skills should be superior with typing, writing, and speaking being fluent and professional
- -Experience in an automotive dealership or parts store preferred, but not required
- -Strong “customer serving” mindset
- -Initiative-driven self-starter who can balance multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- -Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- -Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- -As required
- -Awards or citations for excellent job performance
Job Readiness Training
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to:
On-The-Job Training – delivered under the guidance of the Parts Manager and other leaders in the organization, learn current organizational processes, policies, and expectations for your role.
The most important objective of the role is to accurately locate and bill parts inventory to customers, Service Department, and other channels as required. Each Parts Counterperson should strive to lead his or her peers with regard to accuracy and attention to detail. Regular performance evaluations will be performed in order to track progress to achieving outcomes and to provide constructive feedback.
- -Timely and accurate completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- -Effectively resolves issues without incurring unnecessary costs.
- -Maintains required gross profit percentages as set by Parts Manager
Professional Business Attire
The information contained in this Role Description is designed to include a comprehensive presentation of accountabilities, responsibilities, and activities that are deemed to be critical to the successful performance of this role. This listing is not necessarily all inclusive and is subject to change at any time and with or without notice, based on the current or changing needs of the business.
Affirmative Action Plan /Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions within the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, or any of its affiliates, does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation national origin, marital status, age, disability genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Lou Fusz Automotive Network will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you have a question or concern about any type of discrimination in the workplace, you are encouraged to bring the issue to the attention of Human Resources. At The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, be assured that you can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Further anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The information contained in this Role Description is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Employment at The Lou Fusz Automotive Network is based on mutual consent and is “at- will” which means that you are free to resign at any time with or without cause or advance notice. Likewise, The Lou Fusz Automotive Network reserves the same rights and may terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or advance notice provided that any applicable State or Federal law is not violated.