The ADI Customer Service Inside Sales Representative is a critical driver of sales and operations of the Accessories Distributorship (ADI), and accomplishes organizational goals by providing excellent customer service, effectively assessing customer needs, accurately processing customer orders and returns, quickly and effectively resolving customer issues and complaints, and exploring opportunities to add value to the role. Working in a world-class distribution company, the primary focus of this role is the growth and sustained performance of all ADI customers.
The ADI Customer Service Inside Sales Representative performs a variety of sales, customer service, and administrative functions, all with the ultimate goal of achieving company sales objectives, maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction, promoting a safe and productive work atmosphere, and improving ADI profitability. This role requires tactful, courteous, and professional communication skills, analytical aptitude, sales and marketing skills, a customer serving mindset, patience under stressful conditions, and a strong will to achieve. An ADI Customer Service and Inside Sales Representative is generally familiar with the trends and operational processes of automotive dealerships, as well as the products, promotions, and processes provided by the ADI and the Manufacturer. Utilizing seasoned attention to detail, the ADI Customer Service and Inside Sales Representative provides each dealership customer with premium service and product knowledge.
- -Provide front-line customer support to dealership customers who call the ADI to place orders, inquire about product information, check order status, or have other related issues.
- -Train, coach, and mentor dealership personnel with regard to GM Accessory products and related programs and processes
- -Ensure effective use of time, materials, and assets provided by the ADI and General Motors
- -Prioritize and communicate regular updates to dealership personnel regarding current promotions, new products, process changes, and other relevant information
- -Effectively work with Territory Sales Managers to report, address, and correct customer service issues as they arise
- -Regularly seek to fill downtime by completing administrative and other duties that help advance the sales of accessories
- -Consistently seek innovative ways to increase dealership engagement, grow sales, improve productivity, enhance customer service, and increase company profit
- -Actively build and enhance trusting relationships with dealership staff in a way that transfers the same level of trust toward the ADI as a whole
- -Ensure customer expectations are met and take effective and immediate action to resolve any issues that occur
- -Effectively work in cooperation with accounting, warehouse operations, marketing, and other departments within the company in a way that benefits the culture, productivity, and profitability of the company as a whole
On-Going Proficiency Training
- -Schedule and successfully complete all ongoing professional training and certification(s) requirements on a timely basis
- -Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in formal training sessions, sales meetings, on–the–job coaching, sales workshops, on-line webinars, and reading manufacturer’s bulletins and industry publications.
- -Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and demonstrate understanding and compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and consumer protection laws that affect the ADI sales role
- -Ensure compliance with manufacturer expectations with regard to conflict resolution, training, performance, and other requirements
- -Understand and monitor adherence to manufacturer’s warranty and policy procedures
- -Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- -Routinely exceed customer expectations, processing each transaction with speed, accuracy, and attention to detail
- -Quickly and completely follow through with all tasks promised to customers and fellow employees
- -Support and adhere to all ADI standards and operational policies
- -Regularly and consistently meet or exceed sales goals and objectives
- -Continually works with all dealers to establish, maintain, and complete goals and initiatives
- -Demonstrate flexibility and agility as demands change and require realignment of strategy and focus
- -Demonstrate ongoing openness to receive developmental feedback while maintaining a positive mindset
- -Maintain a positive culture within the ADI that promotes employee productivity, innovation, and longevity, and enhances trust and respect of fellow employees and customers
- -Clearly understand monthly and quarterly sales promotions and related incentives, and works with sales staff to engage Dealers
- -Timely and accurately process dealership orders, returns, backorders, special order fulfillment, ecommerce, and other business transactions
- -Observe and maintain order tracking processes within AccPac, ADS, Elite Extra, and other order related systems
- -Accurately file and track paperwork related to returns, credits, invoices, delivery confirmation, and other documentation as required
- -Periodically review, analyze, and modify daily processes as required, to assure continued improvement in performance, productivity, and customer satisfaction
- -Actively participate in all required ADI sales and operations meetings
- -Resolve disputes and customer issues quickly and efficiently
Intra- and Interpersonal
- -General comprehension of automotive dealership processes, roles, functions, and trends
- -Familiarity with all GM Accessories and IBP products
- -Familiarity with GM programs that support GM Accessories, ie. MyRewards, Business Choice, ADS Ecommerce, etc.
- -Understanding of inventory control management in an automated environment
- -Understands principles of marketing, business management, sales, and leadership
- -Familiarity with financial processes and terminology, as well as general car business acronyms
- -Familiarity with and ability to use different outlets of communication, including but not limited to telephone, email, text messages, etc. – level of communication skills should be superior with typing, writing, and speaking being fluent and professional
- -Demonstrated track record of success for at least two (2) years in a sales or business management role
- -Experience in an automotive dealership preferred, but not required
- -Technology savvy
- -Capability to work with multiple software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Teams, GoTo Meeting, Gmail, Google Drive, Excel, Microsoft Office etc.
- -Good command of basic math skills
- -Strong “customer serving” mindset
- -Initiative-driven self-starter who can balance multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- -Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- -Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- -Professional, polite and persuasive phone, e-mail, writing and interpersonal communication skills
- -Strong listening, interpreting, written and verbal communication skills
- -Ability to manage and diffuse difficult or emotional customer situations, speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- -Ability to approach new products, programs, and initiatives eagerly and with a positive attitude
- -Professional appearance and work ethic
- -High school diploma or GED
- -Awards or citations for excellent sales performance
- -BA or MA in Business or Business Management or related
Job Readiness Training
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to:
- GM Center of Learning – includes required learning modules and tests assigned by the manufacturer (ongoing as models change and new technologies are released). Login access to a training portal provides information on schedules, timelines, and upcoming required classes.
- On-The-Job Training – delivered under the guidance of the ADI General Manager, Sales Manager, Comptroller, and other leaders in the organization, learn current organizational processes, policies, and expectations for your role.
- Sales and Operations Meetings – learn of industry trends and changes, exchange best practices, and join the conversation in a series of monthly, quarterly, and yearly web-based and face to face meetings that include peers from within VIP Distributing, General Motors, and others.
The key components to this role are the accurate processing of customer orders and returns, and quick and effective resolution of customer issues, while exploring opportunities to add value to every transaction. The ADI Inside Sales Customer Service Representative must thrive under pressure, consistently exceed customer expectations, regularly achieve goals and objectives, meet all deadlines, and be willing to tirelessly seek new opportunities to grow the business.
- KPI’s Include
- -Regularly exceed General Motors sales objectives and internal forecasts for sales and profit
- -High level of customer satisfaction as measured by dealer engagement data and survey results
- -Effectively process high volume of customer orders without making costly errors
- -Sustained or improved ranking among other CSRs with regard to call volume, sales per order, ecommerce fulfillment, profitability, and other metrics
- -Effectively resolves customer issues without incurring unnecessary costs or hardship to the ADI
Professional Business Attire
The information contained in this Role Description is designed to include a comprehensive presentation of accountabilities, responsibilities, and activities that are deemed to be critical to the successful performance of this role. This listing is not necessarily all inclusive and is subject to change at any time and with or without notice, based on the current or changing needs of the business.
Affirmative Action Plan /Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions within the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, or any of its affiliates, does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation national origin, marital status, age, disability genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Lou Fusz Automotive Network will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you have a question or concern about any type of discrimination in the workplace, you are encouraged to bring the issue to the attention of Human Resources. At The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, be assured that you can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Further anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The information contained in this Role Description is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Employment at The Lou Fusz Automotive Network is based on mutual consent and is “at- will” which means that you are free to resign at any time with or without cause or advance notice. Likewise, The Lou Fusz Automotive Network reserves the same rights and may terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or advance notice provided that any applicable State or Federal law is not violated.