Collision Center Estimator
The Collision Center Estimator plays an important Role in the daily operation of the Collision Center. Their main purpose is to ensure smooth daily operation within the department, making sure estimates are handled in a timely and accurate manner, allowing the repair to be completed within the allotted time given by the insurance company. This position keeps technicians up to date on job status and deadlines, also keeping customers up to date on the status of their vehicle throughout the collision repair process.
- -Greet and address all customers and co-workers warmly, and with respect
- -Report and/or correct any threats to customer or employee safety, immediately
- -Prioritize jobs, making sure alignments are completed before disassembly (whenever possible).
- -Confirm all UPD and documents as needed.
- -Research, print and document all necessary repair procedures including ADAS and proper part usage.
- -Complete a thorough vehicle inspection following shop guidelines, confirming all parts figured in the estimate are accurate and necessary to complete repairs.
- -Submit supplement for approval after 100% disassembly and review.
- -Follow up on all pending supplements 48-72 hrs. after submitting.
- -Contact customer with repair update and any UPD upsell opportunities
- -Quote and order all necessary parts in Parts Trader or CCC from the appropriate vendor, confirm availability, mark ordered in CCC.
- -Be aware of daily parts orders / cut offs / delays. All orders need to be placed by no later than 2 p.m. to help ensure a maximum two-day delivery turnaround.
- -Accurately update Car Beat amounts, dates & dots, moving each job to the appropriate repair column.
- -Perform morning and afternoon walk through to ensure constant communication with the production team.
- -Print supplemental labor assignment (one tech copy & one parts advisor copy).
- -Track vehicles throughout the repair process daily to ensure promise dates are met.
- -Update & modify CCC Repair Plan / Car Beat accordingly.
- -Mark the green dot in Car Beat to notify the Collision Center CSR to contact customer for update, repair status or delay (updating them with status or reason for delay before they expect it).
- -Submit final supplement with all necessary supporting documentation 2-3 days prior to estimated delivery date.
- -Review parts tab confirming all parts have been received accurately.
- -Review and ensure all sublets have been completed and properly invoiced.
- -Review performance tab, all exceptions should be confirmed and validated, if exceptions cannot be validated, they will need to be addressed immediately.
- -Upon repair completion the file must be submitted to the office manager in order to print final bill, release vehicle to customer, and close repair order.
- -Complete additional work duties as required
On-Going Proficiency Training
- -Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in formal training sessions, on–the–job coaching, attending workshops, on-line webinars, and reading manufacturer’s bulletins and industry publications to enhance skills and stay current with rapidly changing technology
- -Maintain a clean and safe work environment that complies with State, local, and OSHA requirements
- -Quickly and completely follow through with all tasks
- -Resolve disputes and issues completely and efficiently
- -Participate in all required departmental meetings
- -Support and adhere to all company standards and operational policies
- -Maintain a high level of performance
- -Ensure all documentation is accurately completed and processed in a timely manner
- -Create a minimum customer effort experience (proactive with updates to customer)
- -Accurately estimate vehicle, eliminating multiple parts orders
- -Have work file ready to close within 1 business day of vehicle completion
- -Demonstrate flexibility and agility as demands change and require realignment of strategy and focus
- -Demonstrate ongoing openness to receive developmental feedback while maintaining a positive mindset
- -Maintain daily communication with team
- -Maintain a positive culture that promotes employee productivity, innovation, and longevity, and enhances trust and respect of our customers
- -Consistently stays busy by seeking out new tasks and challenges within the department.
- -Effectively clock in and out each day, including lunch breaks
- -Follow all company policies with regard to company records including expense and mileage records, timekeeping and time off, receipts, and other company documentation
Intra- and Interpersonal
- -Comprehension of company processes, roles, functions, and trends
- -Basic written, verbal, and math skills, as required to perform tasks associated with this role
- -Familiarity with and able to use different modes of communication including but are not limited to phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. – level of communication skills should be superior with typing, writing, and speaking being fluent and professional
- -Experience in an automotive collision preferred, but not required
- -Strong “customer serving” mindset
- -Initiative-driven self-starter who can balance multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- -Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- -Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- -As required
- -Previous Collision Center experience
Job Readiness Training
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to:
On-The-Job Training – delivered under the guidance of the Collision Center Manager, Lead Collision Center Estimator, and other leaders in the organization, learn current organizational processes, policies, and expectations for your role.
The most important objective of the role is: Each (role) should strive to lead his or her peers with regard to
- Regular performance evaluations will be performed in order to track progress to achieving outcomes and to provide constructive feedback.
- -Timely and accurate completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- -Effectively resolves issues without incurring unnecessary costs.
Professional Business Attire
The information contained in this Role Description is designed to include a comprehensive presentation of accountabilities, responsibilities, and activities that are deemed to be critical to the successful performance of this role. This listing is not necessarily all inclusive and is subject to change at any time and with or without notice, based on the current or changing needs of the business.
Affirmative Action Plan /Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions within the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, or any of its affiliates, does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation national origin, marital status, age, disability genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Lou Fusz Automotive Network will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you have a question or concern about any type of discrimination in the workplace, you are encouraged to bring the issue to the attention of Human Resources. At The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, be assured that you can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Further anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The information contained in this Role Description is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Employment at The Lou Fusz Automotive Network is based on mutual consent and is “at- will” which means that you are free to resign at any time with or without cause or advance notice. Likewise, The Lou Fusz Automotive Network reserves the same rights and may terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or advance notice provided that any applicable State or Federal law is not violated.