Repair vehicles thoroughly, safely, and profitability in a manner consistent with Lou Fusz Collision Center S.O.P., insurance partner and industry guidelines/standards. Effectively work with Body Technicians to assist with the repair process.
- – Greet and address all customers and co-workers warmly, and with respect
- – Report and/or correct any threats to customer or employee safety, immediately
- – Complete dis-assembly of vehicle in order to assist Service Advisor with preparing a 100% Repair Plan
- – Ensure all needed repairs identified to eliminate supplements and minimize repair time
- – Plan work procedure: follow work order for all operations listed
- – Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window and seat operating equipment and trim to gain access to damaged area of vehicle if needed. Store parts on carts or cover to eliminate potential damage
- – Mend damaged body and fenders by hammering out or filling in dents and welding broken parts; ensure all gaps and fits are to industry standards
- – Operate a variety of hand and power tools (e.g. welder, soldering equipment, cutting torch, blocks, hammers, wrenches, sander, spray guns, etc.)
- – Fill depressions with body filler
- – Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills; and bolts or welds replacement parts in position and reassemble after parts are painted; ensure all gaps and fills are to industry standards
- – File, grind, and sand repaired surfaces with 120-grit paper before turning vehicle over to the Paint Dept.
- – Aim headlamps and repair or replace defective parts
- – Inspect and test drive repaired vehicles to check for compliance with safety and quality standards
- – Assist Service Advisors in assessing damage to vehicles prior to repair
- – Comply with all Lou Fusz Collision Center safety rules, guidelines and standards
- – Perform other related duties as assigned including, but not limited to washing cars, cleaning the shop, assisting other teammates, etc.
On-Going Proficiency Training
- – Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in formal training sessions, on–the–job coaching, attending workshops, on-line webinars, and reading manufacturer’s bulletins and industry publications to enhance skills and stay current with rapidly changing technology
- – Maintain a clean and safe work environment that complies with State, local, and OSHA requirements
- – Repair Vehicles according to manufactures specs
- – Quickly and completely follow through with all tasks
- – Resolve disputes and issues completely and efficiently
- – Participate in all required departmental meetings
- – Support and adhere to all company standards and operational policies
- – Maintain a high level of performance
- – Demonstrate flexibility and agility as demands change and require realignment of strategy and focus
- – Demonstrate ongoing openness to receive developmental feedback while maintaining a positive mindset
- – Maintain a positive culture that promotes employee productivity, innovation, and longevity, and enhances trust and respect of our customers
- – Consistently stays busy by seeking out new tasks and challenges within the department.
- – Effectively clock in and out each day, including lunch breaks
- – Follow all company policies with regard to company records including expense and mileage records, timekeeping and time off, receipts, and other company documentation
Intra- and Interpersonal
- – Comprehension of company processes, roles, functions, and trends
- – Basic written, verbal, and math skills, as required to perform tasks associated with this role
- – Familiarity with and able to use different modes of communication including but are not limited to phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. – level of communication skills should be superior with typing, writing, and speaking being fluent and professional
- – Experience in an automotive dealership preferred, but not required
- – Strong “customer serving” mindset
- – Initiative-driven self-starter who can balance multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- – Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- – Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- – You are at least 18 years of age
- – Have a valid driver’s license and are eligible for coverage under Caliber’s insurance policy (Not an excluded driver)
- – Are able to read and understand instructions, written estimates and work orders
- – Awards or citations for excellent job performance
Job Readiness Training
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to:
On-The-Job Training – delivered under the guidance of the General Manager, Collision Center Manager, and other leaders in the organization, learn current organizational processes, policies, and expectations for your role.
The most important objective of the role is to repair all vehicles to industry standards in a timely and accurate manner.
Each Collision Center Apprentice should strive to lead his or her peers with
Regular performance evaluations will be performed in order to track progress to achieving outcomes and to provide constructive feedback.
- – Timely and accurate completion of assigned projects and tasks
- – Effectively resolves issues without incurring unnecessary costs.
Professional Business Attire
The information contained in this Role Description is designed to include a comprehensive presentation of accountabilities, responsibilities, and activities that are deemed to be critical to the successful performance of this role. This listing is not necessarily all inclusive and is subject to change at any time and with or without notice, based on the current or changing needs of the business.
Affirmative Action Plan /Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions within the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, or any of its affiliates, does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation national origin, marital status, age, disability genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Lou Fusz Automotive Network will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you have a question or concern about any type of discrimination in the workplace, you are encouraged to bring the issue to the attention of Human Resources. At The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, be assured that you can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Further anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The information contained in this Role Description is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Employment at The Lou Fusz Automotive Network is based on mutual consent and is “at- will” which means that you are free to resign at any time with or without cause or advance notice. Likewise, The Lou Fusz Automotive Network reserves the same rights and may terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or advance notice provided that any applicable State or Federal law is not violated.