VIP Aftermarket Installer
The VIP Aftermarket Installer plays a key role in the reconditioning process of VIP vehicles, and accomplishes organizational goals by accurately and quickly delivering showroom ready vehicles to our customers.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to installation of leather seat covers, wheels, tires, lights, winches, cameras, bumpers, bedliners, tonneau covers, running boards, 12-volt electronics and all related add-on accessories.
Responsibilities may also include cleaning vehicle exteriors in compliance with all company standards and client requests, performing inspections and keeping complete, accurate records of the vehicle’s condition, moving and parking vehicles, and delivering vehicles to correct locations.
- – Greet and address all customers and co-workers warmly, and with respect
- – Installer must be familiar with disassembling and reassembling factory vehicles
- – Installers will be expected to supply their own set of tools commonly used in the performance of automotive repair work. Time will be given to new employees to purchase these items after hire if required.
- – Examine vehicle before starting work
- – Identify necessary work required to complete the job
- – Request necessary parts and supplies
- – Install parts, including prepping vehicle
- – Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- – Report and/or correct any threats to customer or employee safety, immediately
- – Complete additional work duties as required
On-Going Proficiency Training
- – Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in formal training sessions, on–the–job coaching, attending workshops, on-line webinars, and reading manufacturer’s bulletins and industry publications to enhance skills and stay current with rapidly changing technology
- – Maintain a clean and safe warehouse work environment that complies with State, local, and OSHA requirements
- – Quickly and completely follow through with all tasks
- – Resolve disputes and issues completely and efficiently
- – Participate in all required departmental meetings
- – Support and adhere to all company standards and operational policies
- – Maintain a high level of performance
- – Demonstrate flexibility and agility as demands change and require realignment of strategy and focus
- – Demonstrate ongoing openness to receive developmental feedback while maintaining a positive mindset
- – Maintain a positive culture that promotes employee productivity, innovation, and longevity, and enhances trust and respect of our customers
- – Consistently stays busy by seeking out new tasks and challenges within the department.
- – Effectively clock in and out each day, including lunch breaks
- – Follow all company policies with regard to company records including expense and mileage records, timekeeping and time off, receipts, and other company documentation
Intra- and Interpersonal
- – Comprehension of company processes, roles, functions, and trends
- – Basic written, verbal, and math skills, as required to perform tasks associated with this role
- – Familiarity with and being able to use different modes of communication including but not limited to phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. – level of communication skills should be superior with typing, writing, and speaking being fluent and professional
- – Experience in an automotive dealership preferred, but not required
- – Strong “customer serving” mindset
- – Initiative-driven self-starter who can balance multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- – Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- – Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- – As required
- – Awards or citations for excellent job performance
Job Readiness Training
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to:
On-The-Job Training – delivered under the guidance of the VIP General Manager, Accessories Manager, and other leaders in the organization, learn current organizational processes, policies, and expectations for your role.
Role-specific training will include but not be limited to: The most important objective of the Porter role is to support the dealership sales and service processes to maintain vehicle readiness and ensure a positive customer experience.
Regular performance evaluations will be performed in order to track progress to achieving outcomes and to provide constructive feedback.
- – Timely and accurate completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- – Effectively resolves issues without incurring unnecessary costs.
- – No “come backs”
Professional Business Attire
The information contained in this Role Description is designed to include a comprehensive presentation of accountabilities, responsibilities, and activities that are deemed to be critical to the successful performance of this role. This listing is not necessarily all inclusive and is subject to change at any time and with or without notice, based on the current or changing needs of the business.
Affirmative Action Plan /Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions within the company will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, or any of its affiliates, does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation national origin, marital status, age, disability genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Lou Fusz Automotive Network will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If you have a question or concern about any type of discrimination in the workplace, you are encouraged to bring the issue to the attention of Human Resources. At The Lou Fusz Automotive Network, be assured that you can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Further anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
The information contained in this Role Description is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Employment at The Lou Fusz Automotive Network is based on mutual consent and is “at- will” which means that you are free to resign at any time with or without cause or advance notice. Likewise, The Lou Fusz Automotive Network reserves the same rights and may terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or advance notice provided that any applicable State or Federal law is not violated.